FLSmidth is the leading supplier of engineering, equipment and service solutions to customers in the mining and cement industries. Being close to 10,700 employees across more than 60 countries, we combine unique process knowledge on projects, products and services to meet our customers’ need for innovation, digitalization and sustainable productivity.
Since 1882, FLSmidth has challenged conventions and explored opportunities to bring better solutions to light for our customers, for our employees and for the world.
Iron ore, gold, copper, fertilizer, coal, Cement, Mineral Processing, Material Handling, Mining Machinery, Mining Equipments, Slurry handling, Equipment for Mining, Air Pollution Control, Pumps, Automation, and Laboratory Automation
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Installs, programs, or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to FLSmidth safety procedures and regulations.
- As part of job enrichment, and at the company’s discretion, cross training in other areas will be given
The job has no supervisory responsibilities
- Company Name
- Charleston (Fraziers Bottom) WV 25082
Education, Experience and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4 years’ experience in a general machine shop
- Ability to run machines, do welding, plumbing and electrical
- Must be able to interpret blue prints
- Must have the ability to follow written or verbal instructions
- Must have knowledge of health and safety requirements including but not limited to fire hazards, compressed gases, electrical, chemical and mechanical devices
- Computer skills: ability to use the computer for time tracking purposes, e-mail and company software
- How to Apply