Bimbo Bakeries USA
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Position is responsible for
- ensuring equipment integrity and timely repair
- effectively support the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program with a focus on decreasing bakery downtime
- analyze problems and interpret technical information necessary to make required repairs (troubleshooting of equipment issues)
- complete all assigned work orders within the time allotted
- keep good records of all work assignments and communicate across all groups/departments
- able to identify required parts, current inventories, and to list parts required for reorder
- must abide by all company policies including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Personal Safety Standards and Food Safety Standards
- perform mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs on bakery production machinery
- duties will also include maintenance of building and support equipment
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Directs workers, or assists in diagnosing malfunctions in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems up to 480v, 3 phase, read and interpret electrical drawings.
- Training and experience in use of PLC’s, VFD’s, and HMIs/OITs is a plus.
- Directs and coordinates assembly, fabrication and installation activities to ensure equipment and systems conform to engineering design and internal specifications and standards.
- Coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment.
- Recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions or to improve safety, quality or equipment operating parameters.
- Researches and costs project proposals to determine feasibility, payback and equipment design.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces OSHA and company safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Conduct safety training and ensure compliance with all company policies, plant rules and regulations.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
- Ability to lift 55 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations
- Company Name
- Bimbo Bakeries USA
- Huntington, WV 25704
Education and Work History:
- 3 years’ supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the food industry.
- HS Diploma/GED required; College Degree (or some college) preferred.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to read English and follow written procedures
- Ability to work off ground level with proper safety equipment
- Ability to work in a non-air conditioned environment
- Ability to learn new skills
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR® Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel – propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
- Must be Team Oriented Person.
- How to Apply