Ashland Performance Materials
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic (Welding and Cutting) to join our Composites business at our Kenova, WV plant. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the Maintenance function. This position will report to Maintenance Supervisor.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To be a leader for less skilled assistants
- Applies journeyman skills, experience, and general knowledge of theory to a wide range of maintenance tasks, sticks and TIG welding, oxy-acetylene cutting, beveling, and fabrication from isometric piping drawings
- Uses all shop machinery and hand tools
- Uses expertise for diagnosis and for emergency repairs, provides preventive and cost-effective repairs. May consult with engineers and vendors
- Maintains current principal skill by practice and specialized training
- Company Name
- Ashland Performance Materials
- 1418 Big Sandy Road, Kenova, WV 25530
- (304) 528-2610
- High School Diploma, Trade school training (Welding, pipefitting or boilermaking) preferred.
- Training in the use of isometric piping drawings
- 5 plus years of experience as a certified welder
- Completed and passed pipe welding tests with SMAW and GTAW for stainless steel and carbon steel.
- Maintains current principal skill by practice, specialized training and testing.
- Must have the ability to be exposed to extremes in outside temperatures, noise and dirt, perform overhead work, as well as climb ladders and stairways on a routine basis.
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Must be an independent worker who takes the initiative
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
- How to Apply