Quad is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic for the Martinsburg Book plant located at 871 Baker Rd.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Responsible for all mechanical repairs, modification, preventive maintenance and installation pertaining to production machinery and plant facilities.
- Applicant must be a highly motivated individual willing to work flexible shifts depending on workload in a team orientated environment with minimal supervision.
- Must possess good oral, reading and writing skills for effective communication.
- Individual should have a mechanical aptitude.
- Consistently practice and enforce safe work and environmental practices including all OSHA, DEP, local Regulatory and Quad Graphics compliances.
- Must furnish their own basic set of tools and know how to properly operate and maintain tools to keep them in safe working order at all times.
- Physical endurance and mobility for prolonged standing, walking, frequent bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Ability to work from ladders, lifts, or elevated platforms - indoors and outdoors - and be able to work in confined spaces if required.
- Safely performing mechanical preventative maintenance procedures and repairs to web offset printing presses, bindery finishing and auxiliary equipment while maintaining accurate computer based records.
- Maintain and repair components and systems such as bearings, gears, clutches, couplings, belted and shafted drives, gearboxes, air compressors, pneumatic systems, natural gas fire ovens. May perform basic welding and machinist tasks
- Overtime required when needed for vacations/absences and peak production times.
- Company Name
- Martinsburg, WV
- The ideal candidate will possess prior experience working with industrial machinery, troubleshooting repairs, maintaining mechanical and hydraulic components of production presses and bindery equipment utilizing hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring instruments. This position will visually inspect, test and listen to equipment to locate causes of malfunctions and keep equipment operational.
- How to Apply