Our coke making facility is seeking a Maintenance Manager at Mountain State Carbon in Follansbee, West Virginia.Mountain State Carbon is located in the northern panhandle of West Virginia on the Ohio River. The facility consists of one six meter battery and three three-meter batteries with a total coke making capacity in excess of one million tons per year. The Maintenance Manager will direct all reliability and maintenance activities to ensure that maximum operational need is realized for the entire operation.
- Manages supervisors in Electrical Maintenance, Mechanical Maintenance, Boiler Operations,and hourly employees.
- Coordinates major maintenance and project requirements with production and engineering, to include major downtime activities and downtime periods and supports the effort to identify opportunities and assist in developing the Capital and Repair Material Budgets.
- Manage and evaluate the Maintenance staff including but not limited to performance management, employee improvement and employee development plans, etc.
- Coordinate and effectively manage the day to day maintenance activities, this includes employees and contractors, equipment and inventories. Evaluate and ensure that resources provided are efficiently and judiciously utilized. Maintain awareness and appropriate documentation and accurate statuses on activities and processes.
- Provides direction to the operation and maintenance of the Utilities (Air, Steam, Water, Nitrogen, Ammonia, etc) and Wastewater facilities.
- Ensure parts availability in the stockroom to minimize equipment downtime while balancing economic maintenance inventory management.
- Responsible for the performance, training and development of all departmental personnel.
- Sets and evaluates departmental goals and objectives through a collaborative effort with maintenance departmental supervision.
- Model and lead activities to ensure the safety of self and others; ensure safe work practices and work environments. Demonstrate a personal commitment to creating a safety culture.
- Maintain equipment to ensure proper function and reliability
- Assist in developing continuous improvement plans
- Develop short term maintenance plans
- Ensure that employees are trained properly.
- Participate in reviewing, revising and implementing work practices to ensure safety and efficiencies. Initiate corrective actions for any unsafe or environmentally unsound conditions.
- Report and provide timely notification of incidents in accordance with regulations and policies; confirm receipt of urgent information to appropriate managers and others. Follow up and investigate safety incidents (including near misses and injuries) and ensure corrective actions are developed and implemented in order to prevent future occurrences.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees, peers, managers, and customers. Show judgment and the ability to identify the appropriate interactions and communications to share with others.
- Manage conflict effectively, when dealing with others; express your opinions and ideas in a respectful manner; know when to take a leadership role and know when to seek a team approach.
- Ensure safety and environmental guidelines are met and coached to all maintenance employees
- Duties as assigned by Plant Manager to support plant related areas.
- Company Name
- AK Steel
- Follansbee, WV
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience required
- Cokemaking work experience
- Must have strong mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Strong leadership, negotiation, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Must have good computer skills
Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. AK Steel will not sponsor applicants for this position for work visas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.
- How to Apply