Aggregate Industries Management, Inc.
Primarily responsible for providing maintenance management and technical support for all aggregate processing equipment and mobile equipment fleet. The position supervises the maintenance team responsible for executing the maintenance tasks in order to ensure equipment availability to meet production requirements in the safest, timeliest and cost effective manner. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the position also is responsible for executing and developing plant and mobile maintenance strategies (preventative, predictive and corrective) to achieve operational excellence while maintaining operational cost controls. This includes effectively supporting the production team through planning, scheduling, preparing materials and tools and third party contractors required for the execution of maintenance tasks. At all times the position will communicate and promote safety, compliance and environmental requirements in alignment with company standards.
- Ensure safety of personnel and assets for which responsible by completing regular training on all health and safety standards and environmental guidelines.
- Monitors work performance and addresses situations that do not conform to standards immediately.
- Inspects the work areas to determine the type of work required and materials and equipment to be used as well as ensures housekeeping is a daily priority.
- Demonstrate a commitment to sound environmental practices and compliance.
- Participate as an integral member of the leadership team to create a high performance culture.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise on plant and fleet maintenance related matters.
- Oversee the maintenance department to achieve key performance indicators through; communication and coordination of resources with primary internal customers.
- Investigates abnormal operating events, or equipment failures to determine the cause, and makes adjustments, repairs and/or modifications, as needed.
- Plan major maintenance projects and develop capital investment recommendations for the plants, mobile equipment and fleet vehicles.
- Provide leadership, coaching, training, and development to all employees in the maintenance department.
- Responsible for development, oversight, and effective management of department budgets.
- Analyze overall performance of the operation and communicate results with appropriate team members to drive continuous improvement. Ensure optimization and execution of all maintenance resources.
- Optimize overall equipment effectiveness at the lowest sustainable cost of maintenance.
- Perform statistical analysis, prepare reports, and maintain appropriate department records and files as required.
- Review and generate weekly maintenance plan and backlog with Operations and obtains agreement on the plan/schedule for next week
- Utilize and implement best maintenance and management practices through the use of the company designated maintenance management system - SAP.
- Track and monitor maintenance spending in alignment with business needs and objectives while working to achieve targeted financial goals.
- Maintain warehouse to ensure adequate spare parts are inventoried.
- Other duties, as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
Works closely with site management team (operations, quality control, sales and distribution) and contractors to provide leadership, guidance and direction for plant and fleet maintenance operations, to ensure alignment with Aggregate and Company goals.
- Company Name
- Aggregate Industries Management, Inc.
- Millville, WV
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor’s/University Degree
Required Work Experience:
Travel Requirements: Local travel West Virginia, Maryland, DC, and Virginia
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience, or a High School Diploma/GED with at least eight (8) years of relevant experience.
- Microsoft Office, SAP experience strongly desired
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to obtain results through others and to motivate towards successful outcomes
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Integrity and Trust
- Decision Quality
- Ability to determine the cause of operating errors and to identify solutions.
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License preferred
- Proficient in a variety of general purpose hand and power tools
- Considerable knowledge of the technical repair methods applicable to plant operations, heavy trucks and construction equipment
- Understanding of occupational hazards and proper safety precautions to perform maintenance and repair work on vehicles and equipment safely.
- Ability to evaluate the relative quality and prices of automotive parts and fixed plant equipment.
- Ability to create and maintain a cooperative and cohesive work and fleet service environment.
- How to Apply