Brief Position Description
To investigate chronic problems, research history, communicate solutions, design and implement solutions within a scheduled period with limited interruption to plant’s production requirements. Develop and implement strategic improvements for technical and maintenance organizational systems.
- Follow all safe work practices and act as a safety leader within the plant.
- Establish jobs or tasks necessary to comply with the plant’s objectives or programs, and defines them complete with specific instructions, technical specifications, methods, and procedures as applicable.
- Plan, schedule and assign those jobs or tasks ensuring in the process the availability of tools, parts, supplies and equipment.
- Follow-up on the effectiveness of the work or operations performed and takes or initiate Improvement measures where necessary.
- The incumbent must have a thorough knowledge of SAP, predictive, and preventive maintenance programs as applicable to his areas.
- Provide on-the-job guidance and formal training as required.
- Maintain working and support documentation
- Maintain working and history files on improvement projects in SAP.
- Carry out and/or oversee the development and implementation of modifications that are the result of Improvement maintenance actions.
- Remain up-to-date on new technologies and techniques.
- Develop scope of work, Engineer and detail the work requirements for Improvement work orders.
- Develop cost projections for Improvement works.
- Design and implement projects through construction phase to completion.
- Develop new equipment files as related to new installations.
- Develop Equipment Parts Catalog for each new piece of equipment.
- Maintain an equipment specification database to serve as a tool in the continual improvement of Inspection and Planning functions.
- Maintain a technical filing system to serve as a tool in support the continual improvement of Inspection and Planning functions.
- Participate in the development of the annual Maintenance Department budget suggesting improvements to enhance reliability, equipment availability and reduce maintenance and/or operating costs.
- Develop and maintain an Improvement Project Backlog within SAP.
- Follow the protocol for implementation of new projects through operability and maintainability review process.
- Lead the investigation of chronic problems, research, design and implementation of improvement solutions.
- Research new means to improve equipment reliability, improve expected life span of equipment and reduce maintenance cost.
- Utilization of SAP in accordance with Argos Best Practices.
- Company Name
- Argos USA
- Martinsburg, WV 25401
- Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical Engineering (Required)
Area Of Experience
- Cement Industry Manufacturing
- Plant production : 5 years (Required)
- Cement or Manufacturing Industry: 5 years (Required)
- How to Apply