Perform general mechanic maintenance activities in a team atmosphere to meet or exceed Clearon Corp.’s safety, environmental and production goals. This position keeps the production units and supporting facilities in the utmost reliable working condition. The General Mechanic is expected to use sound judgment to make decisions that will contribute to the overall plant efficiency, objectives and policies. Safety and all environmental issues are foremost in the overall consideration in forming these judgments. Position may require working shifts, weekends, holidays and occasional overtime.
This Position Reports To
· Maintenance GM Supervisor
Include the following but are not intended to represent all job responsibilities and accountabilities:
· Perform work in compliance with plant and specific area safety regulations.
· Install, troubleshoot and repair various types of mechanical equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, valves, compressors, conveyors, blowers, heat exchangers, centrifuges, misc. rotating equipment, etc.
· Perform routine and preventive maintenance on the same equipment.
· Perform welding, burning, rigging and pipefitting.
· Fabricate, replace, and install piping systems.
· Fabricate, burn, weld, replace and install peripheral structural steel.
· Support plant programs, industry standards and government regulations such as: Clearon MOC, SETCO project reviews and critical safety programs such as PSM, NEC, OSHA, NFPA, etc.
· Be knowledgeable, trained and adhere to all federal regulations and company policies pertaining to pollution and hazardous materials. Report all irregularities to supervision or the environmental department.
· Perform work with minimum supervision from written or verbal work orders.
· Perform housekeeping to maintain clean, neat and safe standards.
· Adhere to all established work rules.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- Company Name
- South Charleston, WV
· High school diploma or equivalent required. Opens a New Window.
· Must pass Clearon Corp.’s basic skills test.
· Ability to successfully complete Clearon Corp.’s internal mechanic training programs.
· Safe and proper welding, burning, rigging and pipefitting skills. Welding certification preferred in 3G and 4G positions in SMAW and/or GMAW, GTAW processes in accordance with the requirements of ANSI/AWS D1.1 structural welding code
· Safe and proper handling of shop power equipment, ordinary hand tools, and power tools.
· Safe operation of overhead cranes, mobile crane, fork trucks, scissors lift, snorkel lift, etc.
· Knowledgeable and proficient in interpreting specifications, drawings, and instructions to assist in the installation, troubleshooting, repair, alignment, etc. of mechanical equipment.
· Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
· Effective communication skills both oral and written.
· Ability to regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
· Ability to frequently stand, walk, or sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· Ability to pass and maintain respiratory fit testing conducted by company’s medical department and capable of donning personal protective equipment required to protect employee from work hazards.
· Ability to enter confined spaces defined by OSHA and as administered by company.
· Ability to work in a noisy environment.
· Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
· Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
· Work near and /or on moving, mechanical parts.
· Exposed to high, precarious places.
· Environment may contain fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
· Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
· Work in high noise levels with hearing protection.
· Perform work while wearing respirator.
- How to Apply