Cornerstone Building Brands
Full Job Description
Maintenance Associate 5
- Performs scheduled and emergency maintenance on manufacturing machinery.
- Corrects problems with hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, mechanical components, and PLCs.
- Maintains specified production and spare equipment.
- Performs basic to moderately complex electrical repairs and installations.
- Operates and assists in maintaining motorized equipment.
- Performs basic to moderately complex grounds/facilities repairs, as required.
- Interacts with vendors to complete projects or to repair equipment.
- Ensures accuracy and safety in all operations.
- Diagnose root cause of problem and correct issue with mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical components and PLCs in plant machinery and equipment.
- Perform routine, predictive and preventive maintenance on all machinery.
- Maintain and repair motorized equipment.
- Operate manlifts and forklifts; transport heavy parts and equipment, and perform inspections on trucks.
- Identify needed parts to repair equipment and facility.
- Coordinate maintenance of parts inventory with MRO and purchasing personnel.
- Maintain grinders and associated blowers; adjust and sharpen blades.
- Fabricate metal parts (e.g. brackets); perform welding as required.
- Maintain work logs as required.
- Perform basic to moderately complex electrical repairs and installations
- Complete daily forklift safety/damage inspection checks.
- Perform grounds/facilities repairs and needed.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Complete required paperwork to order new parts and to track existing parts.
- Maintain supplies at workstation.
- Train other Maintenance Associates.
- Train other plant associates on equipment and procedures.
- Respond to on-call emergencies as needed.
- Use assigned timecard daily to accurately record time worked.
- Attend weekly shift meetings and/or monthly plant meetings, if required.
- Actively participate in all plant safety programs, depending on location.
- Notify department supervisor if proper tools are not furnished to complete job functions.
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented—quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented—results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented—cooperative and collaborative
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Company Name
- Cornerstone Building Brands
- Martinsburg, WV 25404
- Education: High school graduate/GED.
- Minimum of two years of maintenance experience, at least one year of which must have been in mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic preventive maintenance scheduling and implementation required.
- Knowledge of basic carpentry and tooling.
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift 11 pm - 7 am
- $20.20 - $25.00 an hour
- How to Apply