PURPOSE OF POSITION: Operates and tends a variety of machine tools, such as lathes, drill presses, milling machines, grinders to machine metalwork according to production specifications. Applies appropriate machining processes to repair pumps and rotating equipment as specified by work orders, blueprints, sketches or charts. Performs all work in accordance with established quality & safety procedures.
- Capable of meeting all certification requirements as per customer specifications.
- Read complex drawings/diagrams.
- Capable of following all machine shop procedures.
- Use scales, calipers and other measuring instruments.
Measures of Performance
1. Skill/knowledge - Capable of working effectively on all pumps, rotating product and other related product.
2. Quantity - Productivity measures within 5% of total standard target of year’s activity.
3. Quality - Rework numbers to be less than 1% of total hours worked. Follow all ISO procedures.
4. Safety - Have yearly safety record of no loss time accidents & attend all training sessions
5. Training – Keep abreast of current & new practices.
-Capable of effectively operating all machines in the facility, millwright work & basic welding.
-Understand complicated drawings and specifications, shop arithmetic and use of scales, protractors, squares, precision principles and methods
-Manufacture repairs that comply with tolerances.
-Must be disciplined in following all procedures as outlined by the customer
-Applies mastery of skills.
-Adapts procedures, techniques, tools, equipment, and materials to meet special needs.
-Perform field service as required
- Company Name
- ITT, Inc.
- 20 24th St, Huntington, WV 25703
- (304) 529-4161
Education : High School Diploma
General Machinist Certification
Experience : Minimum of 2-4 years
Other Skills/Knowledge/Experience :
-Capable of meeting all certification requirements as per customer specifications.
-Read complex drawings/diagrams.
-Capable of following all machine shop procedures.
-Use scales, calipers and other measuring instruments.
- How to Apply