Oerlikon Metco is seeking a talented professional to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment as a Quality Manager. The successful candidate in this role will plan, coordinate, and direct quality management system designed to ensure continuous production of product confirming to established standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. Responsibilities also include involvement in hiring, motivation, development, discipline, terminations and other leadership responsibilities.
- Utilizes statistical analysis methodologies to monitor and improve processes and identify and correct deficiencies in processes and utilizes statistical and spreadsheet software.
- Manages personnel and the functions of Inspection, Laboratory, and Quality Engineering; assures that staff are properly trained to effectively perform duties and are certified to customer requirements as appropriate.
- Maintains current revisions of specifications and standards, and communicates requirements throughout the facility as needed. Retains quality records required by customers and agencies.
- Assures materials received are procured from approved sources, capable of meeting requirements, and properly certified to customer requirements.
- Assures effective calibration of all measurement and test equipment used to monitor or control processes or used to evaluate product conformity.
- Initiates and participates in corrective/preventive action stemming from internal audit findings, customer complaints, and product and process issues.
- Schedules and manages audits of internal products/processes and vendors, preparing for and leading interaction with external quality auditors, including responsibility to successfully close audit findings from external audits. Maintains required customer and industry certifications relating to quality.
- Ensures the conformance of product, processes, and services to customer and regulatory requirements, using his/her authority to halt processes creating non - conforming product.
- Company Name
- Oerlikon Metco
- 1303 Long St, Barboursville, WV 25504
- (304) 733-9350
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- U.S. Person - This position requires a U.S. Person as defined by U.S. ITAR and EAR regulations due to Oerlikon Metco handling items and data restricted for export by ITAR and/or EAR. Proof of U.S. citizenship (U.S. birth certificate or U.S. passport), naturalization or permanent resident status is required.
Education, Experience, Other Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science plus Six Sigma Greenbelt (or similar training) plus five years of experience in quality management and/or quality engineering; or ASQ Quality Manager certification plus Six Sigma Greenbelt (or similar training) plus seven years of experience in quality management and/or quality engineering. Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and statistics to such tasks as statistical process control, design of experiment, and various analysis methodologies.
- How to Apply