Calgon Carbon Corporation | A Kuraray Company is the leader in activated carbon technologies is looking for an energetic and skilled Operations Engineering Intern to work at it’s Big Sandy Plant in Catlettsburg, Kentucky.
The Operations Engineering Intern will assist the Operation Department in an engineering capacity to solve known problems through a disciplined, methodical approach to problem solving. The Intern will apply mathematical and engineering principles to identify improvement areas and propose solutions to eliminate the inefficiencies. The Intern will be required to do mass and energy balances. This position requires the close interaction with hourly employees and supervisory staff. This position will be considered a company position for the purpose of defining the role under the current Labor Agreement definitions of people leaders, management rights, and performance of bargaining unit work. However, it is expected for the Intern to assist (not displace) a union worker for the sole purpose of education.
Summation and recommendation reports are required frequently for assigned projects. The intern will work closely with process engineering using statistical analysis and design of experiments. The Intern will be assigned to assist with overseeing capital projects. This includes equipment selection, calculations for equipment sizing, drawing creation and equipment data sheet documentation
- Company Name
- Calgon Carbon
- Catlettsburg, Kentucky
- Current 3rd or 4th year student enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program for Chemical Engineering.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be available for 10 - 12 consecutive weeks during the summer
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
- Desire a person with a strong motivation to learn, self starter, ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Willingness to be a team player yet able to deliver independent assignments as required.
- How to Apply