UFP Industries, Inc.
The Industrial Specialist is responsible for developing industrial solutions to customers by designing packaging and similar products that meet their specifications. Coordinates customer needs and expectations with the plant’s sales and manufacturing operations consistent with cost, profit, and productivity objectives. Has the ability to design and build product samples.
Works under general direction of the Sales Manager/GMO; exercises discretion and judgment on work priority on a regular basis; and a wide degree of creativity is expected.
- Communicates with customers, vendors and co-workers to develop long term working relationships.
- Based on customer needs, designs industrial packaging suitable for the purpose intended. Offers alternative designs of existing packaging and materials solutions.
- Develops drawings and prints that meet customer requirements. Prints are used in the manufacturing of the industrial products
- Monitors quality of products being produced to ensure they meet customer expectations while maintaining acceptable margins.
- Performs administrative functions as required (i.e., sales order entry, inventory control and customer maintenance.)
- Costs products, develops bills of materials and ensures that appropriate information is entered into the system and maintained.
- Assists in the new product development process.
- Assist in forecasting inventory requirements within area of responsibility.
- Assists the production team to develop efficiency standards.
- Monitors the established efficiencies and quality standards, and assists in corrective action as required.
- Monitors output, cuts/yields, and scrap to ensure efficient resource utilization and initiates corrective action as required within area of responsibility.
- Assists developing source contacts and relationships for industrial use raw materials in cooperation with the Purchasing department.
- Prepares various reports as required.
- Performs other duties as required
- Company Name
- UFP Industries, Inc.
- Ranson, WV 25438
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience of formwork design, production and/or sales.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a lumber/panel manufacturing environment is required
- Working knowledge of manufacturing operations
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of concrete forming systems from multiple suppliers
- Working knowledge of lumber math and business math
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel/spreadsheets is required
- Preferred experience and knowledge of UFP’s organization and product lines
Skills and abilities
- Proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking.
- Ability to read customer blueprints
- Superior analytical skills, problem solving and engineering skills/aptitude
- Ability to successfully interact with all organizational levels, customers and the public.
- Ability to manage several activities/projects at once, to organize and prioritize work, to meet deadlines, to prepare plans and to develop goals
- Ability to use a computer, and proficiency in the use of MS Office and other business related software
- Ability to travel within the region
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Self-managing; works well under little supervision
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and good listener and communicator
- Highly involved with production/sales groups at plants in the region
- How to Apply