Knauf Insulation North America is the world’s fastest-growing insulation manufacturer. We are wholly committed to the conservation of the environment while also sustainably developing and manufacturing a comprehensive line of acoustical fiberglass insulation for residential, commercial, industrial, marine, OEM and metal building applications, using post-consumer recycled materials.
We welcome passionate and creative individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and ever-changing environment. Watch our values video to learn more about what we do, our commitment to sustainability and our company values and culture.
- Uses safe work practices and counsels other employees to do the same, as necessary. This includes understanding and complying with the lock-out/tag-out procedures.
- Determines if machines need to be taken out of production for repairs or service.
- Prioritizes work when more than one issue needs addressed at a time.
- Takes an active role in the requisitioning of parts/materials necessary for the continued operation of the plant.
- Perform preventative maintenance as scheduled and as needed.
- Knows all safety warning signs and signals and takes corrective action.
- Communicate maintenance issues with other shifts to ensure continuity of operation. Read and record comments in both Maintenance and Production logbooks.
- Insures that housekeeping in the Maintenance Department is maintained to a safe level and that equipment, tools, supplies, etc. are properly stored at all times, as well as before leaving such area for breaks, meal times, and end of the shift.
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Must be able to report to work on time and work all hours required of the job, including mandatory overtime; may be required to occasionally cover shifts other than the one for which hired.
- Remains current on plant and safety matters, participating regularly in department/plant safety meetings.
- Performs other work related duties and projects as directed.
- Company Name
- Knauf Insulation
- Inwood, WV 25428
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current OSHA Certified Industrial Truck Operator License.
- Minimum of five years maintenance experience working with a variety of mechanical equipment in a heavy industrial environment.
- PLC experience required
- Automated technician experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Observe safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly.
- Applies general knowledge of proper and safe use of shop equipment and tools.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, rotating machinery, pumps, pipe fitting, fire protection systems, conveying systems, bearing installations, power transmission, fans, welding, and fabrication skills.
- Apply troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Able to read, write and interpret written information.
- Apply strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in decision-making process
- Accurately count and perform basic math functions, including mental calculation of simple equations and/or fractions.
- Adhere to guidelines set forth in the Employee Handbook and follow KIMS and management / departmental policies and procedures.
- Use time efficiently and complete work in a timely manner.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality and continuously looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and develop alternative solutions.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Get along with others and contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Give and welcome feedback remaining open to others’ ideas and trying new things.
- Follow instructions and respond to requests for service and assistance.
- Take responsibility for own actions, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, ask for and offer help.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment and uphold organizational values.
- Work ethically and with integrity to show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, treat people with respect, and promote a harassment-free environment.
- Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills and share expertise with others.
- Apply basic computer skills and knowledge.
- Able to meet physical demands of the job with or without accommodation.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this plant which include a post-offer drug screen and physical examination.
Health and Safety Requirements
- Follow established safety procedures and precautions, to include fire protection/prevention, smoking regulations, etc.
- Follow established ergonomics procedures governing lifting techniques, repetitive tasks, and the use of safety equipment and supplies to prevent work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Participate in appropriate safety training programs prior to performing tasks that involve potential exposure to hazards related to the workplace.
- Follow established procedures governing the use/disposal of personal protective equipment and supplies.
- Report all accidents/incidents to your supervisor no matter how minor they may be. (NOTE: Such occurrences must be reported on the shift in which they occur.)
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are performed within your department.
- Maintain a tobacco free environment.
- How to Apply