Performs scheduled and emergency maintenance on manufacturing machinery. Corrects problems with hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, mechanical components, and PLCs. Maintains specified production and spare equipment. Performs basic to moderately complex electrical repairs and installations. Operates and assists in maintaining motorized equipment. Performs basic to moderately complex grounds/facilities repairs, as required. Interacts with vendors to complete projects or to repair equipment. Ensures accuracy and safety in all operations.
- Diagnose root cause of problem and correct issue with mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical components and PLCs in plant machinery and equipment.
- Perform routine, predictive and preventive maintenance on all machinery.
- Maintain and repair motorized equipment.
- Operate manlifts and forklifts; transport heavy parts and equipment and perform inspections on trucks.
- Identify needed parts to repair equipment and facility. Complete required paperwork to order new parts and to track existing parts. Coordinate maintenance of parts inventory with MRO and purchasing personnel.
- Maintain grinders and associated blowers; adjust and sharpen blades.
- Fabricate metal parts (e.g. brackets); perform welding as required.
- Maintain work logs as required.
- Perform basic to moderately complex electrical repairs and installations.
- Complete daily forklift safety/damage inspection checks.
- Perform grounds/facilities repairs and needed.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Maintain supplies at workstation.
- Train other Maintenance Associates. Train other plant associates on equipment and procedures.
- Respond to on-call emergencies as needed.
- Use assigned timecard daily to accurately record time worked.
- Attend weekly shift meetings and/or monthly plant meetings, if required.
- Actively participate in all plant safety programs, depending on location.
- Notify department supervisor if proper tools are not furnished to complete job functions.
- Company Name
- Ply Gem
- Martinsburg, WV
Experience: Minimum of two years of maintenance experience, at least one year of which must have been in mechanical and electrical maintenance.
Knowledge: Knowledge of basic preventive maintenance scheduling and implementation required. Knowledge of basic carpentry and tooling. Must have excellent mechanical aptitude.
Mental/Physical/Visual Demands: Position requires walking, standing, heavy lifting, bending, and twisting. Must have correctable hearing and eyesight. Must be able to pass colorblindness test and be able to keep colors separate. Ability to learn basic electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills with on-the-job training. Must be able to lift 86 pounds maximum and lift with assistance 87 to 100 pounds. Ability to work well with others. Ability to work with some limited supervision to perform job. Must be skilled in working with hand and electrical tools.
Working Conditions: Manufacturing plant environment with exposure to equipment noise, temperature extremes, and dust. Work involves exposure to high voltage equipment and rapidly moving machinery.
Equipment/Tools Used: Amp probe, basic hand tools, fork lift, hand power tools, O scope, OA torch, plasma cutter, soldering iron, volt meter, utility knife. Hearing protection, safety glasses, and steel toed shoes required.
Safety: Safe work performance is always required from each Associate . Additionally, the proper discharge of safety responsibilities is an integral part of each Associate’s performance appraisal.
- How to Apply