NORTHWEST PIPE COMPANY
Northwest Pipe Company (NASDAQ: NWPX) is a North American leader in the manufacturing of welded steel pipe and tube. With over 50 years in the business, we provide the highest quality products, at competitive prices, with top-notch support. Becoming part of the Northwest Pipe team means embracing and demonstrating our core values of Accountability, Commitment and
Teamwork (ACT). Employee safety, customer satisfaction and manufacturing quality products are our highest priorities.
NWP is looking for dynamic, energetic and career minded people who can make a difference and will immediately contribute towards taking our company to the next level. We currently have two openings for a Laborer at our Parkersburg manufacturing facility. _There are no relocation funds or employment sponsorship available for this position. _
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The Laborer is responsible for assisting with coating and lining machines, hand blasting, hand patching, cleaning pipe, and mixing paint.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in testing pipe.
- Assists in prepping pipe.
- Assists in operation of expander.
- Assists in operation of beveller.
- Operates crane.
- Operates small forklift.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Company Name
- NORTHWEST PIPE COMPANY
- Washington, WV
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK HOURS / SHIFT:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Work hours vary or change based on operational needs.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to touch; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require working outside of standard hours, weekend or evening work, and travel to complete essential duties of this job.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Personal Protective Equipment is required when in the Plant, Yard or Construction Areas.
- How to Apply