Warren Distribution LLC
The Industrial Engineer is responsible for analyzing processes and improving them focusing on the coordination, development, and implementation of technical training programs for manufacturing associates specific to the areas of blending, packaging, distribution and maintenance. The individual in this position will conduct and/or arrange technical training for manufacturing associates and will play a significant role in(1) train the trainer (2) identifying facility
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs and increase productivity without reducing reliability.
- Assist managers by optimizing manufacturing processes key performance indicator data (e.g. output & uptime while maintaining safety and quality expectations).
- Support and assist manufacturing in the development of standard operating procedures and training guides with respect to equipment and/or manufacturing processes to include reviews and modifications to current procedures and developing training guides for work tasks.
- Utilize lean tools and methodology when optimizing and standardizing the manufacturing processes and training programs for those processes. Lead and/or participate in 6S activities along with continuous improvement projects, A-3’s, Kaizens and 5-Why.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of technical training programs that support manufacturing requirements and strategic business needs and goals. Incorporates lean tools and methodology to create a program that includes training needs assessments, tracking, and implementation of the program.
- Effectively collaborate with managers across all facilities to ensure all manufacturing associates have input into optimizing the manufacturing processes to include the development and implementation of the training programs.
- Develops training materials from the optimized processes to include training handbooks, job aids, models, multimedia visual aids, computer and web-based tutorials, and standard operating procedures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of selection criteria for trainers and a mechanism for tracking trainer effectiveness.
- Work with the Human Resource Department in development and implementing a process for tracking manufacturing associate progress (e.g., employee growth and development).
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
- Adhere to established company values, practices, policies, and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location. Travel will be required up to 50% of the time and will need to be able to work flexible hours when required to provide training to off-shifts.
- The individual may be asked to perform other duties as requested.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Company Name
- Warren Distribution LLC
- Glen Dale, WV 26038
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
- Deal effectively with people in various job capacities and build team environments.
- Understand and read Safety Data Sheets.
- Ability to coach and develop teammates to perform essential job functions.
- Skilled in analyzing target audience and presenting ideas in a clear, concise manner.
- Demonstrate strong organizational, problem solving, and people skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a focus on report building, listening, and the ability to deliver effective training programs.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously; use excellent project coordination skills.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical systems such as, high speed packaging applications. (Serac, OCME & ABCO Fillers), (Hartness Drop Packers), (Pearson, Wayne Automation Case Erectors) , (PE Labelers) , (Hartness Laners), (Von Gal & FKI Logistex Palletizers), Allen Bradley, Keyence, Dalsa, VFD & HMI Touch Screen Controls)
- Operate a computer – PC proficiency.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers. Present information clearly and accurately.
- Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Efficiently perform accurate mathematical calculations.
- Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
- Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or increase skills, abilities and job knowledge.
- Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
- Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
- Use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and effective manner.
- Use good judgment when making decisions.
- Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
- Be professional in all interactions and dealings with co-workers, internal/external customers and vendors.
- Do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
Minimum Experience, Education, and CertiFications
- Bachelor’s degree (engineering preferred) or three to five years of manufacturing experience, which includes at least one year of experience conducting hands on technical training or technical writing
- Six Sigma Black Belt or ability to get certification.
Physical Demands OF Essential Functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a desk-based job and will require the individual to remain seated for long periods of time and have the manual dexterity to operate office equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, calculator, phone, copier/scanner, and similar machines.
- Walk throughout facilities, inside and out, including walking on level and unleveled ground.
The environmental conditions described here are representative of those the associate encounters while performing the Essential Functions of the job.
- The individual will work primarily in an office setting in the same room as other individuals. Noise levels are average for an office and include conversation and/or office equipment noise.
- The individual will be expected to travel; approximately 50% of the time, for the primary purpose of collaboration with all facilities for training development at the company’s various locations throughout the US.
- While performing auditing duties at manufacturing and distribution facilities, the individual may be exposed to hazardous physical or chemical conditions, including mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gasses, poor ventilation, extreme temperatures, and intense noise.
- How to Apply