Steel of West Virginia, Inc.
Guide Shop Supervisor
Come to Work for a Plant with a Future
Steel of West Virginia, Inc. is a steel mill with a future. We have invested over 80 million dollars in our facilities over the last ten years. We offer competitive pay, cash profit sharing (averaged about $7000 per year over the last nine years); excellent health care including dental and vision insurance (at $80 per month premium for single coverage); and automatic company pay of six percent of your base salary into 401(k) plan.
Steel of West Virginia, Inc. is such an excellent place to work that our employees spend their careers with us. We offer the opportunity to work in manufacturing and live in a college town (we are right across the street from Marshall University) with all the activities that has to offer.
As we continue to grow, we have an immediate need for a Guide Shop Supervisor.
Guide Shop Supervisor
This position is responsible for the design and service of rolling mill equipment for our special sections mill. The Guide Supervisor will:
- Design mill and guiding equipment using AutoCAD
- Supervise bargaining unit employees (production, and support teams of maintenance employees) in the fabrication of the mill equipment
- Maintain inventory levels (including the procurement) of mill supplies, equipment, and rolling mill bearings
- Provide direct consultation regarding mill equipment issues with Superintendents and operations staff
- Be a key contributor to the creation and implementation of procedures to improve product quality and mill efficiency
- Participate with plant engineers in creation and implementation of cap ex projects
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Steel of West Virginia, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
- Company Name
- Steel of West Virginia, Inc.
- Huntington, WV 25703
Fluency with AutoCAD, Word, and Excel
- Experience with blue print reading
- Experience managing manufacturing employees
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- How to Apply
Submit your resume stating that you are applying for the Guide Shop position to one of the following:
Fax: (304) 529-1479
Mail: SWVA, INC.
17th Street and 2nd Avenue
Huntington, West Virginia 25703