- 2nd and 3rd shift positions available!
2nd shift: 2:30PM-11PM with $.50/hr differential
3rd shift: 10:30PM-7AM with $1/hr differential
Become part of a winning team producing Stone Wool in Ranson WV! Working with a Safety-First mindset, our employees maintain a safe and clean work space for operation. The General Operator is an entry level role who will be responsible for handling products, cleaning and maintaining their assigned area per ROCKWOOL standards, specifications, and policies as well as executing all tasks in compliance with government regulations (e.g. safety laws). Reporting to the shift Team Leader you effectively maintain the work surroundings in the assigned area, supporting consistent flow of high quality product on the production line, continuous improvement and operational uptime.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities of a General Operator?
- Maintain a clean and efficient work area to support Machine Technicians and shift goals via cleaning, recycle handling & support of Technicians
- Safely and efficiently manufacture quality Stone Insulation ensuring production at the highest possible output, maintaining the high standard of quality expected by our customers in a safe and efficient manner
- Successfully assist product changes efficiently, maintaining a smooth uninterrupted flow of product
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions, checklist and guidelines
- Ensure volumes are produced and delivered against production plan and key performance indicators
- Adhere to established quality and environmental standards to identify and mitigate/escalate quality or environmental risks/issues
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, background check, physical fitness test, WorkKEYS and Hucama Big 5 assessment.
ROCKWOOL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Company Name
- Rockwool Group
- Ranson, WV 25438
What professional skills and qualifications do you need for the role of a General Operator?
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous manufacturing or industrial experience and working with automated equipment preferred.
- Grow and develop the team by sharing knowledge / experience.
- Act as a ROCKWOOL ambassador demonstrating our core values of Ambition, Integrity, Responsibility and Efficiency.
- Demonstrated or proven:
- Organizational and analytical skills;
- Basic computer knowledge and skills;
- Acute attention to detail;
- Written and verbal communication skills;
- Problem-solving and trouble shooting skills;Accuracy and data integrity.
What are the physical demands for a General Operator?
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job is physically demanding at times and requires manual dexterity, eyesight, mobility and requires a high level of concentration.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to
- stand/or sit
- use hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls
The employee is occasionally required to
The employee must
- frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 60 pounds
- occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 120 pounds with another person
- shovel heavy waste to shoulder height
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
What is the typical work environment at a ROCKWOOL manufacturing facility?
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At ROCKWOOL, safety is priority number one!
We continuously strive to create safe and healthy work places and conditions for all employees. We provide all associates with personal protective equipment to include high visibility safety vests, safety glasses, shoes, gloves and head protection.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subjected to
- moving mechanical parts
- electrical currents
- extreme temperatures
- work space restrictions
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- $17.50 an hour
- How to Apply