This is a 2nd (2:30PM-11PM) or 3rd (10:30PM-11AM) position.
Melting Technician Job Summary
Operating the furnace where pre-heated raw materials arrive to be turned into ‘melt’ is step two in our patented production process before the melt reaches the spinning wheels. As a Technician operating the Melter at ROCKWOOL you will be responsible for a variety of jobs throughout the melt area including furnace operation. Safety will be your upmost priority while supporting the effective production of high-quality stone wool insulation products within the Company’s parameters of material and time efficiency. Reporting to the respective shift Team Leader, the Key technician is part of the operations team focused on continuous improvement and maximizing uptime.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities of a Key Technician?
- Monitor and adjust production process equipment required in the industrial melting furnace area per established procedures.
- Conduct basic troubleshooting of equipment and act as the first line of defense for process, mechanical and technical issues.
- Perform a variety of assignments related to regular and special process functions to ensure continuous flow from the beginning of the production line minimizing production downtime.
- Ensure consistency in the volumes and quality of melt being produced and delivered to help drive execution against the production plan and key performance indicators.
- Work closely with the Team Leader and other members of the melt and downstream production team to set priorities and effectively escalate any issues during the day-to-day operations.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, background check, physical fitness test, WorkKEYS and talent assessment.
ROCKWOOL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Company Name
- Rockwool Group
- Ranson, WV 25438
What skills and qualifications do you need for the role of a Melter Technician?
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous manufacturing or Industrial experience and working with automated equipment preferred.
- Grow and develop the team by sharing knowledge / experience.
- Act as a ROCKWOOL ambassador demonstrating our core values of Ambition, Integrity, Responsibility and Efficiency.
- Demonstrated or proven:
- Organizational and analytical skills;
- Basic computer knowledge and skills;
- Acute attention to detail;
- Written and verbal communication skills;
- Problem-solving and trouble shooting skills;
- Accuracy and data integrity.
What are the physical demands for a Key Technician?
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job is physically demanding at times and requires manual dexterity, eyesight, mobility and requires a high level of concentration.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to
- stand/or sit
- use hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls
The employee is occasionally required to
- crouch or crawl
The employee must
- frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 60 pounds and/or
- occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 120 pounds with another person
- shovel heavy waste to shoulder height.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include
- close, distance, color and peripheral vision
- depth perception, and
- the ability to adjust focus
What is the typical work environment at a ROCKWOOL manufacturing facility?
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At ROCKWOOL, safety is priority number one! We continuously strive to create safe and healthy work places and conditions for all employees. We provide all associates with personal protective equipment to include high visibility safety vests, safety glasses, shoes, gloves and head protection.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- From $19.50 an hour
- How to Apply