Pumps Equipment, a division of Sulzer Ltd, is a global leader in the development and supply of pumping solutions and related equipment to its key markets oil and gas, power, and water. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment where diversity is valued as a key driver for success.
The Foundry Engineer designs, implements, & improves the manufacturing process of castings. Main focus is reducing operating costs through continuous improvements in direct labor & product quality.
- Responsible for the scheduling maintenance and calibration of all foundry related equipment in molding, melt room, heat treat, & clean up bay.
- Review compliance to documented weld procedures and heat treat process.
- Serve in a support role for NDE.
- Reduce variation in all manufacturing processes related to the foundry and improve quality and reduce labor hours.
- Work with Engineering on design of casting rigging and gating systems to increase yield and reduce scrap.
- Review all in house material certs for compliance to standard.
- Train operators in proper techniques to perform required tasks as defined by routing. Ensure operators can achieve required efficiencies before training is complete. Recommend appropriate training to foundry supervisor.
- Provide liaisons between manufacturing and support groups as required.
- Adheres to company and department policies, procedures, and standards
- Supports, cooperates with, and participates in company-wide LEAN and ESH Management System which includes following all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures. Supports and cooperates in company-wide Quality Management effort.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Company Name
- Barboursville, WV 25504
- BSME or closely related degree, and/or combination of training and work-related experience required.
- Understanding of pattern making, rigging, and core fabrication required.
- Five years as a Manufacturing Engineer or Metallurgy is strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of failure analysis, metallurgy, induction melting, welding, & heat treatment
- How to Apply