UFP Industries, Inc.
Machine Operator I is responsible for the set up and operation of a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Works under immediate supervision; relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Principal Duties / Responsibilities
- Secures and maintains material and supplies required on the operation.
- Completes work area set up.
- Operates and feeds the machine in a safe and efficient manner, and according to established procedures.
- Stacks completed products in accordance with established procedures, and if required, may cover, label and band components/finished product.
- Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that equipment is safe to operate.
- Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Maintains production records as required.
- Checks materials and finished products to ensure compliance with standards.
- Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards.
- Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Company Name
- UFP Industries, Inc.
- Ranson, WV
- High school diploma/GED is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in manufacturing and/or Machine operation is required.
- Working knowledge of basic math.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must meet expected production goals on machine each shift. Skills and abilities Conduct
- Ability to work in a safe manner
- Ability to recognize quality of material
- Demonstrates ability to perform LOTO
- Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
- Demonstrate ability to use and operate hand tools
- Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
- Ability to pay attention to surroundings
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
- Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to troubleshoot the machine or equipment in use.
- Demonstrate eye-hand coordination
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Safety conscious
- Team player and goal oriented
- Open to change and positive attitude
- Committed to plant and company goals
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
- Punctual and reliable
- Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
- How to Apply