Maintains premises, rest and working areas of offices and industrial buildings in clean and orderly condition. Performs a combination of dusting furniture, walls, fixtures, or equipment; sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, waxing, or buffing floors; removing refuse; polishing furniture, fixtures, or trimmings; providing janitorial supplies; and cleaning lavatories, showers, or rest rooms.
Maintain cleanliness in the GxP controlled areas to include but not limited to Production Areas, Warehouses, Labs, Gowning, Boxing Room, Molding Rooms within the Manufacturing facility. Recycle discarded material per existing procedures.
- Keep work area clean and free of hazards or dangerous conditions and work safely.
- Follow department and company safety guidelines, identify and report safety hazards or unsafe behavior.
- Safely use custodial hand/power equipment and tools. When cleaning or mopping, post signs to notify personnel of hazards that might exist.
- Participate in site safety programs.
Occupational Demand Requirements:
- Standing, walking, kneeling, twisting, bending, climbing ladders/steps, carrying, turning
- Occasionally pushing 50lbs
- Occasionally pulling 50lbs
- Occasionally lifting 50lbs max
- Occasionally lowering 50lbs max
- Ensure facility GxP controlled areas are cleaned as per the steps and frequency described in the cleaning procedures.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of required cleaning activities.
- Stock and maintain an adequate supply of custodial supplies.
- Operate floor cleaning equipment and machines.
- Remove all trash and discarded material from the building and perform recycling assignments as instructed.
- Collaborate with co-workers to meet business objectives and enhance team capability.
- Support training of new co-workers, and share knowledge and experience with co-workers to develop team’s overall capability.
- Listen attentively and communicate clearly with customers, coworkers, and associates at all levels of the organization.
- Coordinate/support other shifts and departments to ensure smooth execution of work.
- Coordinate activities with owners of the areas.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Company Name
- Huntington, WV 25702
- High School Diploma
- Excellent knowledge of written and verbal English.
- 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in cleaning
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- How to Apply