E2 Consulting Engineers, Inc.
A Facilities Maintenance Technician 4 - Machinist, under limited direction and/or using basic procedures/work instructions, safely produces new and replacement parts. The work involves machining along with preventive and corrective maintenance including the following:
- Use HAAS Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machines, Bridgeport Mills, Omax waterjet machine and other machine shop equipment to produce parts from complex fabrication drawings or other specifications
- Able to use G & M codes on a local control panel to program HAAS CNC machines
- Use MasterCAM software to design virtual parts on a computer
- Use machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments to check dimensions and tolerances
- Perform design reviews of complex parts and assemblies to identify errors and problems with machinability
- Provide a step by step breakdown of machining tasks and man-hour estimates required to fabricate parts
- Setting up and operating complex machine tools,
- Making complex shop computations relating to dimension of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds of machining,
- Performing planned preventive & reactive maintenance of moderate complexity using diagnostic equipment
- Performing troubleshooting/problem identification of a non-routine nature,
- Selecting and ordering unique tooling required for complex machining
- Provides instruction, on-the-job assistance, and/or limited technical direction to employees at the same level or lower performing similar work,
- Monitor machinery, troubleshooting and keeping the machinery in good working order; and,
- Perform raw material control from receipt to end of use
The FMT 4 - Machinist, under limited supervision, may perform major tasks as needed, including, but not limited to:
- Other duties as assigned to insure timely project execution
- Maintaining facilities in clean, safe and orderly condition
- Organizing interior and exterior of shop and other maintenance facilities
- Other duties as assigned to ensure timely project execution
- Company Name
- E2 Consulting Engineers, Inc.
- Morgantown, WV
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- A High School diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience is required
- Knowledge of the working properties of the common metals is required.
- Able to use G&M codes & MasterCAM software to program HAAS CNC equipment
- Good written and verbal communication skills and excellent attention to detail is required.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and software programs for administrative duties such as Email is required.
- High school diploma or GED/TASC/ HiSET with at least fifteen (15) years of job- related experience or a bachelor’s degree in a related field with at least eight (8) years of job-related experience.
- Vocational/technical training beyond high school and ten (10) years of experience.
- Have the technical ability to assist with part design and material selection Principal Area of Assignment:
- Morgantown machine shop in support of R&D projects
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Lifting of up to 50 pounds is required.
- Kneeling, standing, and walking, and use of speech/hearing abilities for communications, constant mental alertness, and must be able to work according to schedule.
- How to Apply