E2 Consulting Engineers, Inc.
A Facilities Maintenance Technician (Welder) 3, under general direction and/or using detailed procedures/work instructions, safely welds metal components for the purpose of fabrication or repair of products, such as machine parts, plant equipment, motors and generators, according to layouts, blueprints, P&IDs, or work orders, using a variety of welding techniques, procedures, equipment. The welder also performs related tasks such as; thermal cutting, grinding, and repairs, along with a variety of other fabrication methods such as; stick welding, arc welding, gas metal arc welding, flux core arc welding, gas tungsten arc welding procedures, preventative, and corrective maintenance including but not limited to:
- Working from blueprints, drawings, layouts P&IDs or other specifications, locating and troubleshooting in standard systems or equipment,
- Troubleshoot and correct equipment malfunctions, perform planned preventive maintenance and overhaul maintenance of moderate complexity using diagnostic equipment for which training has been completed and of a routine nature,
- Select and order materials for routine work, and maintain stock of materials,
- Provides instruction, on-the-job assistance, and/or limited technical direction to employees at the same level, performing similar work,
- Keeping the engines, machinery and equipment of the system in good working order; and,
- Reviewing and implementing Lock-out Tag-out (LOTO} plans to ensure work is performed safely.
FMT Welder 3, under general supervision, may perform minor tasks as needed, including, but not limited to:
- Other duties as assigned to insure timely project execution
- Maintaining facilities in clean, safe and orderly condition
- Organizing interior and exterior of shop and other maintenance facilities
- Company Name
- E2 Consulting Engineers, Inc.
- Morgantown, WV
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- A High School diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial experience is required.
- Evidence of prior certification in welding is required.
- Certification in welding from American Welding Society (AWS) ASME Section IX and AWS D1.1 for: (1) Carbon Steel, Process SMAW and GTAW All Positions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and excellent attention to detail are required.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and software programs for administrative duties such as email is required.
- High school diploma or GED/TASC/ HiSET with at least ten (10) years of job- related experience or a bachelor’s degree in a related field with at least eight (8) years of job-related experience.
- Vocational/technical training beyond high school and ten (10) years of experience. Experience in exotic alloys. Physical and Mental Demands:
- Lifting of up to 50 pounds is required.
- Kneeling, standing, and walking, and use of speech/hearing abilities for communications, constant mental alertness.
- Must be able to work according to schedule.
- How to Apply