FLSmidth is the leading supplier of engineering, equipment and service solutions to customers in the mining and cement industries. Being more than 11,000 employees across more than 60 countries, we combine unique process knowledge on projects, products and services to meet our customers’ need for innovation, digitalization and sustainable productivity.
Since 1882, FLSmidth has challenged conventions and explored opportunities to bring better solutions to light for our customers, for our employees and for the world.
Iron ore, gold, copper, fertilizer, coal, Cement, Mineral Processing, Material Handling, Mining Machinery, Mining Equipments, Slurry handling, Equipment for Mining, Air Pollution Control, Pumps, Automation, and Laboratory Automation
Main Accountabilities (Include but are not limited to)
- Study and interpret blue prints
- Fabricate frameworks or shells for machinery and mineral processing equipment
- Listen to directions from supervisors.
- Organize all required parts and assemble tools and materials.
- Interpret measurements.
- Verify specifications.
- Assemble components.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions and perform repairs as needed.
- Ensure working environment is clean and safe.
- Complete quality control forms
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to FLSmidth safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- As part of job enrichment, and at the company’s discretion, cross training in other areas will be given
- Company Name
- Charleston, WV (Fraziers Bottom)
Education, Experience and Skills
- 4 years’ experience
- Must have an understanding of basic fabricating and welding techniques
- Must be able to interpret blue prints
- Must have experience in fitting and tacking carbon steel
- Plate and structural steel fabrication essential
- Must have the ability to follow written or verbal instructions
- Must have knowledge of health and safety requirements including but not limited to fire hazards, compressed gases
- Computer skills: ability to use the computer for time tracking purposes
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers, hand to, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is exposed to fumes and may at time be required to wear a respirator. The employee will occasionally work at heights using the correct PPE.
The noise level in the work environment is one that is typically associated with a manufacturing facility.
- How to Apply