This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holdings Limited
- Tapes end of extruded article to reel spindle and starts machine that winds material onto revolving spindle.
- Measures extruded article with measuring wheel and cuts it to specified length, using a knife.
- Removes roll from spindle with a forklift and weighs roll on scale. Then records length and weight of roll on shipping tag.
- Saws scrap tubes and rods into lengths for grinding in hammer mill.
- May mix thermoplastic materials, according to formula, for feeding extrusion machine.
- Set up extrusion machine by inputting information into a computer console, set roll gaps to precise sizes, and ensures quality control is production grade.
- Monitor all extrusion machines to ensure that all working parts are in alignment.
- Troubleshoots all areas and working parts of the extrusion machine.
- Must be available at all times throughout his / her shift and able to assist on other shifts when problems arise.
- Installs dies, mandrels, containers, heating coils, press tools, extrusion heads, and run-out bridging in press, using hand tools.
- Regulates rate of extrusion to prevent metal rupture and adherence of metal to container walls.
- Record data, such as crew time, number of billets used and items processed.
- Housekeeping on a daily basis.
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. “IND1P”
- Other duties may be assigned.