Job Title: Production Operator Grade: Hourly Classification: FLSA: Hourly
Department/Division: Reports to: Production Supervisor
Prepared by: Brenda Schwendeman Approved by: Brenda Schwendeman
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for a variety of tasks associated with processing, packaging and blending polymer products.
- Company Name
- Niche Polymer
- Ravenswood, WV
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Erecting / preparing containers for packaging. This includes building boxes, pre-labeling bags, aligning boxes on pallets and related activities.
- Performing scale checks, metal deflector checks and magnet checks.
- Operating power trucks.
- Operating packaging equipment such as boxing stations and bagging stations.
- Performing “Class A” cleanups on packaging equipment.
- Operating extrusion and / or compounding feed system equipment. This includes building “batches” to specified product formulas, supplying material to additive feeders, filling and positioning “tote bins” and operating fiber processing equipment.
- Operating extrusion and / or compounding equipment such as extruders and / or compounders, temperature controllers, sluiceways, quench tanks, pelletizers, cooler-screens and product transfer equipment.
- Monitoring and recording raw materials used in the process, processing conditions, quality test results and other production data.
- Performing “Class A” cleanups on extrusion and compounding equipment.
- Service as a resource on quality improvement teams and safety teams.
- Ability to understand, monitor and regulate integrated production and packaging equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger tip, handle, or feel; reach with ands arms and talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- $10.25 - $12.50 an hour
- How to Apply