Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver. Kleinfelder is seeking an entry level Engineer to join our growing engineering team in Pittsburgh and West Virginia. With expanding opportunities in the region in a variety of different industries (oil and gas, solar, commercial, etc.), the ideal candidate will join our high achieving, fast-paced team. Under supervision and working with experienced staff, the successful candidate will assist in completion of engineering designs, generation of plans and specifications, technical calculations, exhibits and reports in the following areas:
- Trenchless Installation Methods such as Horizontal Directional Drilling
- Natural Gas and other energy market Pipeline Alignments
- Pad Layout / Site Grading / Storm Drainage
- Erosion and Sediment Control
- Storm Water Best Management Practices
- Variety of Civil 3D and MicroStation Plans, maps, and bills of materials
And will supporting clients by:
- Performing site visits perform job scoping and coordinate with survey crews, SUE, Geotech, etc.
- Preparing meeting minutes and communicating schedule updates to Project Controls.
- Evaluating design alternatives to solve constructability, code, and site challenges.
- Reviewing encroacher’s design plans for potential conflicts and suggest required accommodation.
Position will also interact with PMs and senior technical staff to complete a variety of project related tasks including permitting efforts and procurement documentation preparation and completion.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
- Company Name
- Kleinfelder, Inc.
- Bridgeport, WV 26330
- Zero to three (0-3) years of experience in civil engineering
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter who can work independently and with team members
- Ability to engage in multiple projects to complete successful requirement deliveries
- Ability to organize priorities and multi-task effectively,
- Pro-actively troubleshoot and problem-solve with practical, client-focused solutions
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies and review professionals
- Proficiency with MicroStation
- How to Apply