Bidell Gas Compression
Weirton, WV area
Bidell Gas Compression is looking for a responsible Engineering Assistant to administer and organize all types of Project management, project engineering and project design activities in the department from simple activities such as maintaining documents to more complex plans of cost evaluation and preparing documentation to evaluate project performance and close outs.
Engineering Assistant responsibilities include working closely with our Project Managers to manage their projects, including resources, materials schedules and budgets for projects. You will perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation, managing change orders, help in costing of changes, third party coordination and handling financial queries. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time management and communication skills, as you’ll collaborate with clients and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines
Ultimately, the Engineering Assistant duties are to ensure full support to the project managers so that that all their projects are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards.
- Coordinate project management activities, documentation, contractors, and various internal departments as required.
- Help to prepare change adders by using internal costing tools. Coordinate changes to the contract including communication with engineering, design and production departments and ensure documentation is updated promptly.
- Create and/or maintain comprehensive project documentation and Keep detailed project notes and records.
- Track and manage incoming paperwork and Keep the project managers up-to-date with current information and paperwork.
- Coordinate and ensure submittal of project closeout documentation
- Upload and Regularly maintain and update Engineer Bill of Materials
- Coordinates BOM management with other departments such as materials, purchasing and production
- Create part numbers for the items on the B.O.M based on Bidell’s standards.
- Maintain the files and control logs as required by the project.
- Works with precision to ensure that all electronic and hard copy filing is accurate and is easily retrievable.
- Scanning hard copies of Red Books and QC Manuals onto the S: Drive to create an electronic copy as back up.
- Filing latest revision of drawings onto the S: Drive.
- Following up with the PM and Client to make sure documents are received and sent on time.
- Setting up of project in SL and issue Bar codes. .
- Receiving and filling the documents sent by the customer, and notifying the Project Manager and Project Engineer documents have been uploaded and are ready to be reviewed.
- Creating Unit manuals at the end of the project.
- Creating Red Books at the start of the project
- Issuing Skid, Majors, and Structural Drawings for Fabrication
- Issuing Vessel and spooling drawings to the QC Department and Vessel Department
- Company Name
- Bidell Gas Compression
- 1400 Main Street Weirton, WV 26062
- Experience supporting Project Managers in the delivery of heavy machinery manufacturing projects.
- Proficient in MS Project and/or Primavera and the MS Office Suite of products
- Familiarity with manufacturing and engineering methods and relevant codes and standards
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- HS diploma with 3-5 years’ experience in mechanical fabrication environment.
- Strong communication skills and able to work independently.
- Self-motivated individual and must be able to effectively balance a large work load.
- Excellent follow-up skills with the ability to follow-through to completion.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and to multi-task on multiple projects.
- Able to read blueprints, understand engineering documents, and work closely with members of the engineering, operations and purchasing team.
- Systems and creative thinking capabilities
- Efficient with Microsoft desktop applications (i.e.; Excel, Word)
- Strong understanding of Process Flow, and MRP systems. Understanding of design for all manufacture principals, as well as MRP/ERP systems and Bill of Material generation.
- Document Control / Engineering Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- How to Apply