State of West Virginia
Nature of Work
Under supervision of a licensed professional engineer, performs work on a variety of engineering services or creative works, the adequate performance of which requires engineering education, training and experience in the application of special knowledge of the mathematical, physical and engineering sciences to such services or creative work as consultation, investigation, evaluation, planning and design of engineering works and systems; planning the use of land and water, teaching of advanced engineering subjects, engineering surveys and studies; review of construction projects for the purpose of assuring compliance with drawings and specifications any of which embraces such services or work, either public or private, in connection with any utilities, structures, buildings, machines, equipment, processes, work systems, projects and industrial or consumer products or equipment of a mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic or thermal nature, insofar as they involve safeguarding life, health or property, and including such other professional services as may be necessary to the planning, progress and completion of any engineering services.
IMPORTANT: Your eligible score will be based on information provided in your application; therefore, make sure your application is detailed and complete. You may attach a resume and other documents; however, you should NEVER enter “See Resume” on the application. You MUST complete ALL parts of the application, including the Work Experience section.
NOTICE: If you are claiming college or other post-high school education or license, you MUST attach or provide by mail a legible copy of your OFFICIAL education transcript, license or training record. YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT UNTIL THIS VERIFICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED. To avoid missing a job opportunity, it is important that you provide this verification as soon as possible. You only have to provide this verification one time. It is not required with every application. Attach documents to the online application, or mail to: Division of Personnel, 1900 Kanawha Blvd. E., Charleston, WV 25305.
Examples of Work
- Reviews data analysis to determine accuracy in establishing standards/limits.
- Performs engineering calculations, studies, plans, reports, and data analysis all under the supervision of a license engineer to determine (establish) performance standards/limits.
- Assist in the coordinating of construction projects.
- Assist in conducting interim and final inspections of construction projects to determine compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and specifications.
- Assist in performing project analyses of plans and/or contracts for projections; recommendations of alternative construction methods.
- Assist in writing reports detailing recommendations, conclusions, and findings from inspections and reviews.
- Reads professional journals, and trade publications to gain knowledge of new technologies.
- Attends state and national meetings and seminars to improve and share engineering knowledge.
- Company Name
- State of West Virginia
- Charleston, WV 25305
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of agency policies and practices pertaining to agency jurisdiction.
- Knowledge of equipment and instruments used in various types of engineering.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of various types of engineering.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Current license as an engineer-in-training.
- $40,947 - $75,751 a year
- How to Apply