Aurora Flight Sciences
The EHS specialist is responsible for all EHS policies including federal, state, and local regulations and codes.
Be part of the Enterprise Services division and make a difference.
The incumbent will evaluate, develop, investigate and perform EHS operations concerning the fire, emergency, safety, and environmental programs for Aurora Flight Sciences. The EHS specialist is responsible for all EHS policies including federal, state, and local regulations and codes.
Bridgeport, WV with travel to the other Aurora facilities.
The EHS Specialist is responsible for maintaining the EHS management systems. Along with this, the EHS specialist is also responsible for other job duties as follows:
- Developing, administering, implementing, and maintaining safety and environmental programs in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Analyzing data to determine its quality, validity, and scientific significance.
- Communicate with the organization or public regarding the scientific, technical, or EHS procedures undertaken.
- Provide technical guidance and support coordination regarding various EHS issues.
- Organize workshops, conferences, and trainings for employees regarding EHS topics.
- Provide information on environmental relevance by preparing charts, graphs, and presentations.
- Assisting in EHS program assessments, facility assessments and incident investigations to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and company regulations and policies.
- Perform various research/analysis on current EHS systems.
- Assist the Facilities Director and Corporate EHS Manager with various inspections, perform environmental tests, perform training, update records and policies.
- Assist with visual enhancements for the facility. Will update Lock Out Tag Out procedures, update/develop Job Safety Analysis
- Assist in Environmental Stewardship for all locations.
Aurora Company Overview:
Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing Company, is a leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. Our mission is to apply autonomy and robotics to the development, production, and operation of advanced aircraft. During the last three decades, Aurora has designed, rapid-prototyped, and flown an average of one new vehicle a year for both government and commercial customers. Now, as an independent subsidiary of Boeing, Aurora’s innovation is combined with Boeing’s size and strength, creating an unprecedented opportunity to shape the future of aerospace systems.
Aurora Flight Sciences, A Boeing Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Company Name
- Aurora Flight Sciences
- Bridgeport, WV 26330
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience and/or equivalent experience and education.
- Knowledge of EHS policies and practices.
- Knowledge/capable of using Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA, NFPA and Environmental (ie. EPA, RCRA, etc.) requirements, regulations and associated compliance programs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to detect and solve problems effectively using various scientific rules and methods.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, interested in working for a company like Aurora.
- Knowledge about the chemical compositions, structures, and other important properties of the chemical substances.
- Ability to work effectively even under pressure.
- Strengths in cooperative teaming, and a demonstrated capability in managing multiple projects/tasks effectively prioritizing tasks and work load and ensuring timely closure of assignments.
- Expert time management skills.
- Comfortable in a manufacturing, test, or aviation/aerospace environment.
- Must be able to work during off hours and/or during weekends occasionally.
- Environmental, Health and Safety background and advanced degree with 5+ years of experience preferred.
- System Safety Engineer or Environmental Engineer background and experience preferred.
- Experience with Robotics, Machine Guarding, and System Safety analysis preferred.
- Experience with contractor oversight and construction projects preferred.
- Professional certification(s) within the EHS field (i.e. CSP, ASP, CIH, etc.) preferred.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. on occasion.
- How to Apply