This position is for an experienced quality professional. Sets own day-to-day objectives in ACE/Continuous Improvement and provides input and/or guidance to others. Responsible for moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems and/or products to enhance quality performance.
• Works independently to train site ACE pilots, management and their respective teams on lean, continuous improvement, project management, and business integration skill sets to enhance the capabilities of the team in reengineering initiatives.
• Applies ACE tools and methodologies in business and manufacturing environments to drive best in class processes while working to become a recognized ACE Practitioner/ACE Master.
• Uses best practices related to quality control procedures when evaluating an organization’s products.
• Participates in small to medium ACE Site Assessments to enable ACE site and cell certifications.
• Compiles moderately complex monthly ACE Performance Metrics that focus on organization objectives in the areas of cost, efficiency, and quality.
• Demonstrates and coaches lower level professionals on the proper application and interpretation of the ACE criteria in order to gain certification as an ACE Silver/Gold assessor.
• Provides expertise and content for ACE training materials to ensure a successful ACE Certification Program.
• Develops and manages quality programs (e.g., ACE) to assist internal staff, suppliers, customers, and partners with initiatives to reengineer processes and methods that adequately assure quality of an organization’s products.
• Oversees internal ACE/lean trainings and facilitates ACE events.
• Ensures and enables ACE site & Cell certifications.
• Recommends process and procedural changes to ensure that company objectives in the areas of cost, efficiency, and quality are met.
• Ensures that quality control procedures adequately evaluate an organization’s products.
• Provides process certification, PFMEA, 8D Problem Solving & Red-X and UPPAP element support and training.
- Company Name
- Collins Aerospace
- Union, WV
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other—propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
- How to Apply