Machining operations in the Tool Room Machine Shop. Milling, Turning, Drilling, Surface Grinding and CNC 3 and 5 axis milling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Understand and comply with all OSHA, safety and PPE requirements;
2. Understand and comply with all ISO and Environmental policies and requirements.
3. Run machine tools in the Machine Shop.
4. Assists in developing daily /weekly staffing plans to keep machining projects on schedule.
5. Coordinates work through the shop.
6. Assists in maintaining tooling and material inventories.
7. Responsible for the TPM on machine tools.
8. Responsible for 5S in Machine Shop and surrounding Tool Room areas.
9. Assists in the coordination of OJT for Toolmakers.
10. Machine components from 2D and 3D designs.
11. Daily 5S and work area organization
12. Support team functions by:
a. Kaizen submittal and implementation
b. Cross-training with others
c. Backfills other work stations as needed
d. Problem solving
e. Supports operational metrics and meets operational needs
Performs other duties and assignments as deemed necessary or appropriate.
- Company Name
- 3100 Maccorkle Avenue Southwest Building 307, South Charleston, WV 25303
- (304) 941-1800
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Follow standardized work instruction.
2. Follow safety procedures.
4. Must have CNC experience.
5. AutoCAD experience would be a benefit
6. MasterCAM or TEBIS experience a benefit.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
1. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
2. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear
3. Employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds; 25 overhead.
4. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
5. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
6. The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
7. The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so other will understand
8. The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
9. Provide Hand Tools
10. Work a flexible schedule.
11. Work overtime as required.
12. Handle the stress of a fast-paced environment.
13. Critical thinking and Complex problem solving.
- How to Apply