Talented Fish, Inc.
Our client, a well-established 5-Axis contour programming and machining shop is looking for an experienced CNC Operator who can operate a variety of machinery including CNC Vertical Machining Centers and CNC Lathes. The ideal candidate will be required to perform quality checks and monitor machine output and generate reports for management. The candidate will be required to operate Quality Control equipment including CMM and Faro Arm, QC training will be provided.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
As a CNC 5-Axis Operator, you will set up, operate CNC machines, edit programs, and make adjustments for tool offsets and locating coordinates. You will also perform in-process inspection of machined parts, and ensure the machines are properly calibrated and that part dimensions meet blueprint specifications. The CNC Machinist will be expected to follow strict safety procedures, including preventative maintenance, keeping the machines lubricated, and maintaining a neat and orderly work station. You will be required to operate multiple production machines, as well as, use manufacturing reporting systems.
• Perform proper set up and calibration procedures for equipment and accessories required.
• Ensure that every machine procedure is done in accordance with company procedures and adhere to all QMS guidelines.
• Inspect the product dimensionally and visually to assure that the product meets all customer requirements.
• Translate the requirements of detailed part drawings into measurement for production.
• Understand and be able to apply GD&T
• Ability to operate more than one machine simultaneously.
• Set up CNC equipment with minimal assistance.
• Health Insurance including Dental
• Paid Vacation
• 4 - 10 work days per week
Full time position with 4 - 10 shifts.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $23.00 /hour
Roanoke, VA 24016 (Preferred)
United States (Required)
- Company Name
- Talented Fish, Inc.
- 111 W. Lewis, Greensboro NC 27406
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• CNC programming: 2 years (Preferred)
• Ability to accurately read and understand blueprints and common measuring gages is required
• Positive attitude and open to new methods of working
• Associate Degree or Diploma from a Technical College or Trade School preferred
o Ability to identify tools and set tools
o Excellent knowledge of G & M codes
o Good eye-hand coordination and agility
o Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
o Knowledge of lean manufacturing preferred
- $16.00 to $23.00 /hour
- How to Apply