L3 Unmanned Systems
We are searching for a CNC Machinist in our Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, located in Ashburn, VA.
The CNC Machinist I will be responsible for the programming, setup and operation of CNC machine tools to produce prototype and production parts in a rapid-paced environment. A broad range of experience with manual and CNC machine tools, shop operations, tooling, materials and inspection is desired. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and will be expected to coordinate and communicate with peers to accomplish program goals.
You will demonstrate success by:
- Setting up and operating MAZAK CNC Milling Centers (30%)
- Creating toolpaths and verifying CNC Programs using Mastercam (25%)
- Writing, verifying, and validating CNC Programs using MAZATROL (15%)
- Using manual machine tools to prep raw material and make repairs of existing parts (10%)
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings per ANSI Y 14.5 (10%)
- Using basic inspection equipment to check machined parts (10%)
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
- Company Name
- L3 Unmanned Systems
- 44611 Guilford Dr # 125, Ashburn, VA 20147
- (703) 889-8640
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SSBI; must be able to obtain additional clearances as required
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience with the set up and operation of CNC Milling Machines is highly desired.
- Ability to set up and operate CNC milling centers.
- Ability to create toolpaths and verify programs using Mazak MAZATROL or Mastercam.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings per ANSI Y 14.5
- Proficient in the basic use of manual machine tools (mill, lathe, drill press, band saw).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to use standard inspection tools to inspect machined parts.
- Physical requirements include lifting, pushing, pulling and/or carrying 25-50 lbs. on a regular basis, and the ability to work in a manufacturing environment with regular exposure to moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, and loud noises
Desired skills include
- Proficiency in using Mastercam 2017 or newer.
- Experience operating and programming a Mazak Machining Center
- Multi-axis machining experience.
- Existing Secret or TS clearance with current 5 year update
- Competitive benefits package.
- How to Apply