The job description for Machinist are as follows:
- Perform mechanical inspections with measuring tools.
- Perform manual lathe work; CNC experience is a plus.
- Must read blueprints and have experience with shop math.
- Perform mill work such as drilling and milling components to size on both manual and CNC mills.
- Perform grinding, press work, horizontal and vertical mill work.
- Ability to do set up work on all machines.
- Work overtime as needed and assist in training.
- Perform other duties not listed
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of accountabilities, duties, responsibilities of requirements. Any individual may be required to perform any other job-related activities or functions requested by his/her supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. Engines, Inc. reserves the right to modify this job description to reflect changes in essential job duties made necessary by changing organizational needs, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Engines, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
- Company Name
- Engines, Inc.
- Milton, WV 25541
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience as a qualified machinist.
- Close attention and care are required to prevent damage to complex machine tools or costly metals.
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications.
- Ability to produce precision work.
- Visual acuity to read directions and prints and to inspect machined parts closely to ensure that they meet specifications.
- machinist: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Multiple locations
- How to Apply