Aid in the identification and execution of safety, capacity and
variable cost productivity projects. Work with unit engineers and CI
experts to complete projects and document improvements.
- Changeover time reduction
- Product wheel cycle optimization
- Product moves within the department to optimize throughput and cost
- Standard Work project
- Standardize procedures for routine processes.
- Develop/promote visual tools for maintaining gains.
- Safety Exposure identification
- Work with operations team to identify and scope fundamental safety exposure reductions within Polymers manufacturing
- Identify a process for making safety exposure identification and elimination a daily routine.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Company Name
- Friendly, WV 26146
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Actively enrolled in an undergraduate program in Chemical, Industrial or related engineering fields.
- Demonstrated safety mindset
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks
- Microsoft applications knowledge
- Public speaking/presentation skill
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
- move about the facility
- walking on irregular surfaces
- sight to include depth perception and color vision
- ability to speak clearly
- occasionally lifting and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- ability to comply with PPE requirements (ability to pass a fit-test and wear a respirator is required for certain positions/locations)
The environment for this position is a Manufacturing setting, with exposure to outside weather conditions and loud noise. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We cooperate with carefully selected external vendors supporting us on specific employment opportunities. Momentive is not seeking or accepting any unsolicited assistance from search and selection firms or employment agencies at this time. Please do not contact any of our employees by phone, email or otherwise about this position. Please note that Momentive will not be obligated to pay any cost or fee for candidate resumes that are submitted without the existence of a valid written and signed search firm agreement.
- How to Apply