There are 6 positions available.
Contributing within generally defined work instructions which contributes to the achievement of expected production volumes. Install, assemble & dismantle equipment, according to layout plans, blueprints, or other drawings.
Performs assembly, dis-assembly, cleaning and inspection work on centrifuge screen bowls and other equipment.
- Assemble and disassemble equipment using hand tools, power tools, overhead cranes and fork-lifts.
- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Attach moving parts and sub-assemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools
- Shrink-fit bushings, sleeves, rings, liners, gears, and wheels to specified items, using portable gas heating equipment or other methods.
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Dismantle machinery and equipment for shipment to installation site.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to FLSmidth safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.·
- Proactive in safety
- As part of job enrichment, and at the company’s discretion, cross training in other areas will be given
- Company Name
- Charleston (Fraziers Bottom WV) 25082
The job has no supervisory responsibilities
- 2 years’ experience in a general manufacturing or mining environment as a mechanic
- Must understand mechanics, basic metallurgy, tolerance, tools and mathematics
- Must be able to interpret blueprints
- Must have the ability to follow written or verbal instructions
- Must have knowledge of health and safety requirements including but not limited to fire hazards, compressed gases, electrical, chemical and mechanical devices
- Computer skills: ability to use the computer for time tracking purposes
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers, hand to, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is exposed to fumes and may at time be required to wear a respirator. The employee will occasionally work at heights using the correct PPE.
The noise level in the work environment is one that is typically associated with a manufacturing facility.
- How to Apply