Huntington Steel & Supply Co
Burn Table Operator: Huntington Location - First Shift
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates and fixtures.
- Remove and replace bad tips, electrodes and other machine consumables.
- Lift work pieces safely to machines with hoists and cranes.
- Stack or load finished items on pallets.
- Remove slag from parts using a grinder or other hand tools.
- Conduct daily machine maintenance check.
- Use drawings to measure dimensions on finished parts.
- Confer with supervisors or programmers to resolve machine malfunctions and production errors, and to obtain approval to continue productions.
- Set up/run Sector.
- Maintain machines, including cleaning, removing and replacing broken or worn machine tools.
- Listen to machines during operation in order to detect sounds such as those made by bad tips or excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problems.
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, adjust controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
- Unload plate trucks and put plates in proper locations.
- Ability to perform cycle count of plates and remnants.
- Ability to identify various types of materials.
- Ability to correctly use the timekeeping system.
- Capable of completing various types of paperwork with 95 % accuracy.
- Perform at a production efficiency rate of 90 %.
- Produce a product/process quality of 90 %.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Company Name
- Huntington Steel & Supply Co
- 100 3rd Ave, Huntington, WV 25701
- (304) 522-8218
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Follows safety rules/practices and is safety conscious at all times.
- Maintains good attitude with customers and company employees.
- Must have good hygiene, work ethic, understand punctuality and ability to work independently.
- Works in teams to produce quality and appropriate quantities of products to meet customer needs.
- Possess an energetic, enthusiastic and self-starting attitude.
- Possess good math skills.
- Possess excellent measuring skills, with ability to read and understand foot/inch/fractions to 1/32 of an inch.
- Maintain a good attitude toward fast paced change, lean manufacturing and multi-tasking.
- Dependable and regular attendance necessary.
- Individuals must be able to perform each essential duty at a minimum satisfactory level.
- Individuals must possess the required education/experience, job related characteristics and specialized skills/certifications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Climb ladders.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Factory setting; hot and cold temperatures; noisy conditions.
- Able to lift 80 lbs.
- $12 - $15 an hour
- How to Apply