Knauf Insulation North America is the world’s fastest-growing insulation manufacturer. We are wholly committed to the conservation of the environment while also sustainably developing and manufacturing a comprehensive line of acoustical fiberglass insulation for residential, commercial, industrial, marine, OEM and metal building applications, using post-consumer recycled materials.
We welcome passionate and creative individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and ever-changing environment. Watch our values video to learn more about what we do, our commitment to sustainability and our company values and culture.
- New Starting Wage $18.54hr plus $0.75hr for perfect attendance $19.29hr
- Operates various equipment used to manufacture, process and package fiberglass insulation.
- Monitors several pieces of production equipment, depending on the product being produced, for early detection of actual or potential equipment failure.
- Manually restocks packaging materials into packaging equipment as needed.
- Communicates with Shift Supervisor when packaging supplies need replenishing.
- Communicates with Shift Supervisor, Cold End Coordinator and Maintenance regarding any equipment problems or equipment that may need preventative maintenance or repair work performed to insure safety and maximum operating efficiency.
- Knows all safety warning signs and signals and takes corrective action.
- Must be able to report to work on time and work all hours required of the job, including mandatory overtime; may be required to occasionally cover shifts other than the one for which hired.
- Remains current on plant and safety matters, participating regularly in department/plant safety meetings.
- Performs administrative duties and other work related duties as directed
- Participate in the continuous improvement with regards to matters of product quality, environmental, health, & safety.
- Company Name
- Knauf Insulation
- Inwood, WV 25428
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years industrial experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Observe safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly.
- Able to read, write and interpret written information.
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Accurately count and perform basic math functions, including mental calculation of simple equations and/orfractions.
- Adhere to guidelines set forth in the Employee Handbook and follow ISO and management/departmental policies and procedures.
- Use time efficiently and complete work in a timely manner.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and develop alternative solutions.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Get along with others and contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Give and welcome feedback remaining open to others’ ideas and trying new things.
- Follow instructions and respond to requests for service and assistance.
- Take responsibility for own actions, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, ask for and offer help.
- $18.54 an hour
- How to Apply