The Production Assembly Technician produces basic components by assembling parts and subassemblies using small tools, fixtures, and testing instruments.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Produces basic components by assembling parts and subassemblies using small tools and fixtures, hands, and drawings or blue prints when necessary.
- Follows standard operating procedures and work instructions (written and verbal).
- Tests the quality of work using prescribed methods including measuring devices.
- Notifies Supervisor or Lead when Quality Issues arise.
- Completes any necessary work records accurately and in a timely manner.
- Works with the rest of the team to maintain a SAFE, ORGANIZED, and CLEAN work environment.
- Works overtime if necessary, including evenings and weekends.
- Adheres to all implemented VSM, VKS and Lean Manufacturing principles (e.g. 5S).
- Company Name
- Stirling UltaCold
- Athens, OH 45701
- High School Diploma
- Technical certifications and/or two-year degree is preferable
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Must have strong general mechanical skills.
- Must be able to concentrate in a busy work environment.
- Must be detail-oriented in order to maintain a high level of quality, keep accurate accounts of time and production, keep production on schedule, and maintain a safe working environment.
- Must able to interact with other team members while in cooperative working relationships.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight-hour (or longer) day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. from a floor or table position to chest high using a proper lifting technique.
- Must be able to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers to manipulate tools and parts.
- Must demonstrate good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Must be able to read and perform basic math calculations easily.
- How to Apply