There are 4 positions available
Using a variety of hand and power tools, fixtures, work instructions and equipment performs a series of operations to correctly assemble various items/pieces of equipment.
This position involves, but is not limited to: the assembly and packaging of components, fixture design, problem solving and being involved in the testing process.
- Follows detailed assembly instructions, processes and procedures
- Performs quality checks on products and parts and reports problems with quality, processes, equipment and materials to supervisor
- Reviews work orders and blueprints to ensure work is performed according to specifications
- Operates machinery and heavy equipment such as forklifts and overhead cranes
- Maintains a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to FLSmidth safety procedures and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- As part of job enrichment, and at the company’s discretion, cross training in other areas will be given
- Company Name
- Charleston (Frazier’s Bottom) WV 25082
The job has no supervisory responsibilities
- 4 years’ experience in a general machine shop
- Must be able to interpret blue prints
- Must have the ability to follow written or verbal instructions
- Must have knowledge of health and safety requirements including but not limited to fire hazards, compressed gases, electrical, chemical and mechanical devices
- Computer skills: ability to use the computer for time tracking purposes.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers, hand to, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee will occasionally work at heights using the correct PPE. The noise level in the work environment is one that is typically associated with a manufacturing facility.
- How to Apply