The Assembly Operator assembles product, parts, or materials by using hand tools, jigs, fixtures, adhesives, and fasteners to specific standards in a safe and efficient manner to produce product, parts and/or materials according to production standards and schedules.
- Competitive Starting Rates.
- Full benefits starting first day which includes: medical, dental, vision, Health Saving Account (HSA) with company contribution, short and long term disability (after 90 days), life insurance, earned time off (starts accruing immediately), 401(k) retirement plan with company match, employee stock purchase plan with company match and a guaranteed annual bonus based on year of service.
- Operates assigned equipment or tools safely in accordance with company and OSHA safety programs and rules.
- Performs work in accordance to approved procedures and work instructions. Work instructions are located on site for operators review and training.
- Monitors Quality Points at work station and record required data. Quality check point information is located on site for operator review and training.
- Reports quality and production concerns and issues to Supervisor.
- Cross trains on all work stations within department.
- Conducts operator level preventative maintenance on all assigned tools, jigs and fixtures according to the Preventative Maintenance Schedule.
- Keeps work environment neat and clean.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Matthews Memorialization is a leader in the memorialization industry who is committed to helping customers grow their businesses and helping families move from grieving to remembrance by providing products of superior craftsmanship and revenue generating programs and services. Within this industry, our Environmental Solutions is focused on the design and manufacture of advanced combustion systems. Matthews Memorialization is a (MATW) Matthews International company.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.
- Company Name
- Matthews Memorialization
- Kingwood, WV 26537
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- 3+ years of previous assembly experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Basic analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Basic understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding equipment, and cutting torch.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment may be high.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- How to Apply