The Robert C. Byrd Institute (RCBI)
The Robert C. Byrd Institute (RCBI) is seeking applications for a Director of Accelerate Forward, West Virginia’s EDA University Center program. This position is responsible for working with EDA University Center partners, Marshall University and Concord University, as well as others across the State of West Virginia to support an entrepreneur-innovation focused economy in West Virginia’s 55 counties.
The successful candidate will:
• Enhance entrepreneurial activity through making the resources of the universities available to our economic development community as well as local businesses and startups
• Manage RCBI’s Business Accelerator Program
• Facilitate workshops and seminars for entrepreneurs and businesses to develop appropriate business models, business plans, loan packaging, workforce training and access to new markets
• Identify and contact small and medium-sized businesses, assess their needs and deliver solutions to enhance and expand their businesses
• Collaborate with Marshall University, Concord University, West Virginia Development Office, chambers of commerce, local economic development agencies and others
• Build and maintain close professional relationships with small businesses across West Virginia
• Identify new market opportunities; knowledge of Opportunity and HUB Zones
• Develop new services based on demonstrated client need
• Develop database of partner capabilities
- Company Name
- The Robert C. Byrd Institute (RCBI)
- 1050 4th Ave, Huntington, WV 2570
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required;
• Three (3) years of experience in community and/or business development
• Ability to travel extensively throughout the region
Master’s degree preferred.
Preference will be given to candidates with entrepreneurial and/or business experience.
- Commensurate with education and experience
- How to Apply