The Associate Process Engineer develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements: researching, designing, modifying, and testing methods/processes and equipment, and conferring with equipment vendors. The candidate will develop and maintain detailed work instructions for assigned products/processes, aid in the disposition of discrepant hardware, provide suggestions to improve productivity, analyze processing data to highlight trends and implement corrective actions, and provide day to day support to manufacturing personnel.
Additional Job Responsibilities include:
- Coordinates with Design Engineering on design and manufacturability issues.
- Coordinates with production on day-to-day activities. Assists in the resolution of processing issues.
- Evaluates discrepant hardware
- Research and evaluate commercially available tools and equipment to support manufacturing processes.
- Troubleshoots existing processes to improve safety, quality, cost, and efficiency.
- incorporates engineering changes on work in process.
- Company Name
- Northrop Grumman
- Enrolled in or have received an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university majoring in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, or Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Possess an overall cumulative GPA of 3.00/4.0 or higher
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Experience with Electrical and Electro Mechanical Assembly
- Experience with Surface Mount Circuit Card Assembly Technology.
- Demonstrated hands-on electrical ability
- Experience using SPC and Six Sigma techniques.
- How to Apply